Upgrading Baïkal to 0.4.X
To upgrade from Baïkal to 0.4.X, follow the following steps:
- Make a backup of your MySQL or SQLite database. This step is really important!
- Make a backup of the
baikaldirectory on your server, by creating a copy.
- Grab the latest Baikal 0.4.X zip file from github.
- Upload the contents of the zip file to the server, but make sure you do not
Specificdirectory. Everything else may be overwritten.
- Open the administration panel on the server. Usually this is something like
- Follow the steps in the administration panel.
If you're having any problems with these steps at all, just contact us. We are happy to help you get throug this, and even do the upgrade for you in case something went wrong along the way.
Please note: If you used the
flat package in the past, this no longer
exists. You can upgrade to this version no problem, however, the end-points for
syncing changed so you might need to update these.
If it was before something like:
Then it's now:
So two things changed:
card.phpmoved into the
- We added
card.phpstill exist in the
html/directory but will be removed in a future version.
dav.phpis an endpoint for both caldav and carddav combined.
So if you have access to your webserver/vhost configuration, you actually only
need to expose
html/ to the world. Everything else is best kept hidden.