sabre/vobject 4 released
We just released sabre/vobject 4. This is a new major version, and comes with a number of new features and also BC breaking changes. The API is largely the same, but there are a few subtle differences.
New feature highlights
- Support for PHP 7.
- Requires PHP 5.5.
- Support for xCal and xCard, which are XML representations of iCalendar and vCard.
- Added a 'BirthdayCalendarGenerator'. Give it a list of vCards, and it will create an iCalendar object with birthdays.
- Lots of speed and memory improvements.
- Support for the new
- Added a command-line utility to merge duplicate vcards.
DateTimeImmutableeverywhere we used
- Denial of service-protection in the RecurrenceIterator.
The full changelog can be found on Github
composer require sabre/vobject ^4.0
For more details about these changes and a detailed list of all backwards- compatbility breaking changes, read the upgrade document.