Baïkal 0.4.0 released
We just released Baïkal 0.4.0. This release contains a number of changes that should improve the system for a number of users. The 0.3.x range of releases had seen a number of stability problems, due to a relatively big sabre/dav upgrade.
I'm attributing the issues to growing pains. With the 0.4.0 release we hope that the most of the common issues are solved. This release contains the following changes:
- SQlite users had issues syncing. This was due to a newly added feature (sync reports). Upgrading to 0.4.0 will repair your database schema and should make existing setups sync again.
- The installation threw an error if you didn't have the Sqlite PDO PHP extension installed.
- We added the "Property storage" plugin. This enables a range of features for clients, such as availability, default alarms and "me card".
- We added the Scheduling plugin, which adds scheduling and free-busy. Enabling this should also solve a problem with iCal, which behaved badly without this plugin.
- We removed the "admin locking" features. In the past it was possible to
disable the Baïkal admin by removing the
ENABLE_ADMINfile from the
Specific/folder. This feature is now no longer supported, and users should instead use their Webserver configuration to block access to the admin.